MPC-HC (also known as Media Player Classic - Home Cinema) is a free, open source media player for Microsoft® Windows®. It is also one of the oldest, most mature media players released for the first time in 2003.
Due to its excellent capabilities, it is included as the "de facto" (standard) player in several, popular collections of codecs such as K-Lite Codec Pack or CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack). The current version is released under the GNU General Public License, runs on almost all versions of Microsoft® Windows® (both 32-bit and 64-bit) and unlike most multimedia players has no spyware/adware/malware.
Trademark Note 1: Microsoft®, Windows® and other product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- lightweight app with a ton of options and customizable
- it can be used as a DVB player
- offers native support (without any codecs or additional programs) for DVD, SVCD and VCD playback
- it is based on DirectShow and uses DirectShow decoding filters
- support for OGM, Matroska containers
- support for MP4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text
- support for TV recording and playback if a TV tuner is present on your computer