# Change Log
+ New cleanup added: Shellbags (when cleaning directories)
+ Fixed issues: Leveldb viewer error
+ Improved cleanup: Firefox (zoom level preserved)
+ Improved cleanup: Firefox (extensions preserved)
+ Improved UI
PrivaZer is a free PC cleaner and privacy tool for Microsoft® Windows®. The software allows users to remove additional occupied space from a hard drive partition, but it can also prevent recovery of sensitive files by using several advanced overwriting algorithms.
Before removing anything, you can scan, preview the results and choose what data to keep or remove.
Additionally, the software can be used in two different ways: basic or advanced user mode. The basic mode performs most actions automatically based on a preset configuration while the advanced user mode gives you more control over the software. Currently, the program is available as an installer and portable version.
Note: The standard installer will offer three options: install the program on your computer, run the program without installing anything or generate a portable version which will create a "PrivaZer.exe" file that can be copied and run from any USB device.
Good to know: The main difference between PrivaZer and other similar tools such as CCleaner (the most traditional PC cleaner) is that PrivaZer was designed for people concerned about privacy and who requires advanced options to prevent data recovery. PrivaZer has a set of innovative features compared to other file cleaners, for more info check the features section below or visit the official software page here.
Trademark Note 1: Microsoft®, Windows® and other product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- detect and visualize residual traces in free space
- smart cleanup of free space
- file table cleanup (MFT and FAT)
- quick overwriting for SSD and magnetic disks
- smart cleanup of Jumplists, Cookies, and Prefetch
- remove USB history
- cleanup of Pagefile.sys / Hiberfil.sys content
- scan and visualization of ThumbCache files content
- a scan of residual traces in Indexing service
- prevents data recovery against data recovery software
- cleanup scheduling, system restore, registry restore