# Change Log
- Added milliseconds to full timestamp
- Added average response time to graph mode
- Changed text on user prompt to make it clearer when PowerPing is exiting
- Fixed address not being found when entered as first argument
PowerPing is a free, Open Source, improved command line ICMP ping utility. It can be used as an alternative or replacement for the famous "ping" program that comes included in all Microsoft Windows OS versions
. The main advantage is that you can use the same functions from "ping" along with some extra features (see below) that might require you to use different software. If you're looking for a comparison, I can't think at a better example than "PuTTY" (original and popular) vs. "KiTTY" (fork with more features) utilities. According to the author, this app is written in C#, and both Microsoft Windows OS and Linux have inspired his work.
Note: To run this program you will need to run it as "Administrator." Usage requires a different command format such as "--help" instead of "-help."
- Basic ping functionality (see the "Ping Options)
- Colored output (program uses several colors)
- Display options (customize retrieved information)
- ICMP packet customization
- Flooding (send a high volume of pings to an address)
- ICMP packet capture (/listen)
- IP location lookup
- Whois lookup