# Change Log
- Windows (64 bit) with .NET Framework 4.8 installed.
- Any additional requirements will be referenced in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
SQLite (included as a local, single user database option)
Client-Server Relational Database Management Systems
Oracle Database 19c (validated with version 19.3)
Oracle Database 18c Express Edition
Oracle Database 11g Express Edition (deprecated)
Setup instructions are available in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
- When upgrading from PDFKeeper 6.1.1 or earlier, the database schema will require an upgrade. Database Schema Upgrade instructions are available in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
- Starting with version 6.0.0, PDFKeeper is now 64-bit. The latest 32-bit version of PDFKeeper is 5.0.3.
- Starting with PDFKeeper 6.0.0, 64-bit Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) Runtime 19.3 is required when connecting to Oracle Database. Instructions are available in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
- When upgrading from PDFKeeper 4.x.x, the User name and Data source will need to be entered on first login.
- Starting with version 4.0.0, PDFKeeper is installed per-user, requiring older, per-machine installs to be uninstalled manually.
Database Compatibility Changes
- Added a local, single user database option using SQLite.
- Oracle Database 18c (not XE), 12c, and 11g (not XE) has been dropped.
- Added Tax Year feature for document records.
- Text annotations will be extracted from the PDF before uploading and stored in an indexed database column to provide support for databases that are not capable of extracting text annotations from PDF documents.
- Text from the PDF will be extracted before uploading and stored in an indexed database column to provide support for SQLite that is not capable of indexing PDF documents and for Oracle Database that can not filter PDF documents with embedded fonts.
- Consolidated Third-Party Attribution help pages into single page.
- Modified Save As to retrieve the selected PDF Title from the database instead of PDF Metadata.
- Modified Export to rewrite an exported PDF with Title, Author, Subject, and Keywords from the database document record when the Title, Author, Subject, and Keywords in the PDF Metadata do not match.
- Updated SumatraPDF to 3.2
- Migrated from pdftopng from Xpdf Tools to Magick.NET 22.214.171.124 and Ghostscript 9.53.3
- Moved Search Results to right side of form and moved right Tab Control (Notes, Keywords, Preview, and Text) to left side of form under Search Group Box.
- Unhandled InlineImageParseException: "Could not find image data or EI" during text extraction of an older PDF that does not contain text.
- Source code was reorganized and name changes were made.
- Created script that will download and extract SumatraPDF during the build process if missing or not the required version, replacing manual steps in Build Instructions.
Oracle Database 19c (19.3) requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501 to be installed on the computer hosting the database.
PDFKeeper is free, open source software that provides a storage and management solution for PDF documents.
This software requires a relational database for document storage. It can be implemented for single user use with the builtin, local SQLite database or in a client-server environment using a compatible database. Please note, future versions might extend support for other database management systems. You can request this by posting an issue on its GitHub page available here.
Note: PDFKeeper requires Windows (64 bit) with .NET Framework 4.8
- Store and manage PDF documents in a local or compatible, client-server relational database where they’re indexed to provide full-text search functionality.
- Upload PDF documents individually or in bulk. In addition, configured folders can be setup to allow for integration and automation.
- Apply a category and/or tax year to selected document records and when PDF documents are uploaded.
- Set the flag state on a selected document record and when PDF documents are uploaded to mark for follow-up.
- Add notes to a selected document record that can include the date, time, and user account name. All notes can be edited and are indexed by the database.
- Search for document records by Text, Selections (Author/Subject/Category/Tax Year), or Date Added. In addition, the user can list document records that are flagged or all document records in the database.
- With PDFKeeper, the following functions can be performed on a selected document record: PDF document viewing with the bundled or default viewer; flag document state management; notes viewing and editing; keywords, PDF preview, and PDF text are also displayed for viewing.
- Export selected PDF documents with their category, tax year, notes, and flag state from the database for easy importing.