# Change Log
- Windows (64 bit) with .NET Framework 4.8 installed.
- Any additional requirements will be referenced in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
Compatible Database Management Systems
Oracle Database 19c (tested with version 19.3)
Oracle Database 18c Express Edition
Oracle Database 18c (no longer being tested)
Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (no longer being tested)
Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (no longer being tested)
Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (no longer being tested)
Oracle Database 11g Express Edition (no longer being tested)
Setup instructions are available in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
- Starting with version 6.0.0, PDFKeeper is now 64-bit. The latest 32-bit version of PDFKeeper is 5.0.3.
- Starting with version 4.0.0, PDFKeeper is installed per-user, requiring older, per-machine installs to be uninstalled manually.
- When upgrading from PDFKeeper 4.1.0 or earlier, the database schema will require an upgrade. Database Schema Upgrade instructions are available in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
- When upgrading from PDFKeeper 4.x.x, the User name and Data source will need to be entered on the first login.
- Starting with PDFKeeper 6.0.0, 64-bit Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) Runtime 19.3 is required. Instructions are available in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
- NullReferenceException at PDFKeeper.WindowsApplication.FileSelectDisplayService.Dispose(Boolean disposing) that is being logged to PDFKeeper.log during application shutdown.
- Preview Picture Box not always displaying correct image for selected document record.
- Cache folder not always clearing on application shutdown along with System.NullReferenceException or System.IndexOutOfRangeException being logged to Windows Application Event Log.
Oracle Database 19c (19.3) requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501 to be installed on the computer hosting the database.
- Annotations in a PDF document are not filtered by Oracle Database.
- Embedded fonts in a PDF document are not filtered correctly by Oracle Database.
PDFKeeper is a free, open source program designed for Oracle Database. It provides an "upload, index, and search solution for PDF documents".
Although, this software currently worh with Oracle Database (tested with Oracle Database Express Edition XE) other future releases might extend its support for other database management systems. You can request this, post an issue or a suggestion on its GitHub page available here.
Note: PDFKeeper requires .NET Framework 4.6.1 or higher
- PDF docs are stored and indexed in a compatible, relational database and you can search them by: String, Author, Subject, Author and Subject, Date Added, and by querying all documents.
- upload PDF documents one by one or in bulk mode without using configured Upload folders.
- Document record functions include: PDF document viewing with the bundled or default viewer, Notes editing, Keywords viewing, PDF document Preview image viewing, and viewing of Text extracted from the PDF document.
- You can add "Notes" to document records, including a "Date and Time" stamp that includes the database user account name. "Notes" can be edited and they are indexed by the database, making the text searchable. Also, "Notes" can be saved to a text file, printed, and can be uploaded with a name matching PDF document.
- Text extracted from the PDF document can be printed and saved to a text file.
- You can export PDFs and their "Notes" from the database.