# Subscribe for updates
Subscribe to PDFKeeper updates. Each time this software gets updated, you will receive a push notification.
PDFKeeper is a free, open source program designed for Oracle Database. It provides an "upload, index, and search solution for PDF documents".
Although, this software currently worh with Oracle Database (tested with Oracle Database Express Edition XE) other future releases might extend its support for other database management systems. You can request this, post an issue or a suggestion on its GitHub page available here.
Note: PDFKeeper requires .NET Framework 4.6.1 or higher
- PDF docs are stored and indexed in a compatible, relational database and you can search them by: String, Author, Subject, Author and Subject, Date Added, and by querying all documents.
- upload PDF documents one by one or in bulk mode without using configured Upload folders.
- Document record functions include: PDF document viewing with the bundled or default viewer, Notes editing, Keywords viewing, PDF document Preview image viewing, and viewing of Text extracted from the PDF document.
- You can add "Notes" to document records, including a "Date and Time" stamp that includes the database user account name. "Notes" can be edited and they are indexed by the database, making the text searchable. Also, "Notes" can be saved to a text file, printed, and can be uploaded with a name matching PDF document.
- Text extracted from the PDF document can be printed and saved to a text file.
- You can export PDFs and their "Notes" from the database.