- PDFKeeper Download
- PDFKeeper Windows Installer
- 0 / 14
- 51.4 MB
- PDFKeeper Download
- PDFKeeper Source Code
- 0 / 14
- 843.4 kB
# Change Log
### Client Requirements
* Windows 10 (64-bit) or higher with .NET Framework 4.8 installed.
* Any additional requirements will be referenced in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
### Database Compatibility
* SQLite (included as a single-user database option)
#### Multi-User Database Management Systems
* Oracle Database 21c and 19c
* Oracle Database 21c and 18c Express Edition
* Oracle Cloud Autonomous Database 21c and 19c
Setup instructions are available in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
### Upgrade Information
* When upgrading from PDFKeeper 8.1.0 or lower, if prompted for an admin account, select No and then right click on the Windows Start Menu, select Run, and then type: winget install pdfkeeper
* Starting with PDFKeeper 8.0.0, Windows 10 (64-bit) or higher is required.
* Starting with PDFKeeper 8.0.0, 64-bit Oracle Data Access Components 21.4 is required when connecting to Oracle Database. Instructions are available in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
* Starting with PDFKeeper 8.0.0, the DisableQueryAllDocuments policy has been renamed to RemoveListAllDocuments.
* When upgrading from PDFKeeper 7.2.3 or lower, XML files in %APPDATA%\Robert F. Frasca\PDFKeeper\UploadConfig are upgraded and stored in %APPDATA%\Robert F. Frasca\PDFKeeper\UploadProfiles. The original XML files will remain for backwards compatibility and can be deleted if no longer needed.
* When upgrading from PDFKeeper 6.1.1 or lower, the database schema will require an upgrade. Database Schema Upgrade instructions are available in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
* Empty folders in UploadRejected will be deleted.
* Upload Folder Maintenance timer interval was set to 30 seconds.
* Updated iText and iText.Font-Asian to 7.2.5
* Updated SQLite Command Line Shell to 3.41.1
* Updated Magick.NET to 13.0.0
* Added missing ellipsis to Insert Text menu item text.
* Added missing ellipsis to Tools Update PDF Text Columns menu item text.
* Added missing ellipsis to Tools Move Database menu item text.
* iText.IO.Exceptions.IOException will be caught during Save in Add PDF dialog.
* iText.IO.Exceptions.IOException will be caught during an Upload, and then the offending PDF will be moved to the UploadRejected folder.
### Development Changes
* Created scripts to set version in all references.
* Updated Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.NetAnalyzers to 7.0.1
### Additional Information
* Oracle Database 19c (19.3) requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501 to be installed on the computer hosting the database.
* By default, text will not be extracted from embedded images contained in a PDF.
PDFKeeper is free, open source software that provides a storage and management solution for PDF documents.
This software requires a relational database for document storage. It can be implemented for single user use with the builtin, local SQLite database or in a multi user, on-prem or cloud environment using a compatible database. Please note, future versions might extend support for other database management systems. You can request this by posting an issue on its GitHub page available here.
Note: PDFKeeper requires Windows 10 (64-bit) or higher with .NET Framework 4.8
- Store and manage PDF documents in a single-user or compatible, multi-user (on-prem or cloud) database where they’re indexed to provide full-text search functionality.
- Upload PDF documents individually or in bulk. In addition, Upload Profile folders can be setup to allow for integration and automation.
- Apply a category/tax year to selected documents and when PDF documents are uploaded.
- Set the flag state on a selected document and when PDF documents are uploaded to mark for follow-up.
- Add notes to a selected document that can include the date, time, and user account name. All notes can be edited and are indexed by the database.
- Find documents by Search Term, Selections (Author/Subject/Category/Tax Year), or Date Added. In addition, flagged documents or all documents can be listed.
- With PDFKeeper, the following functions can be performed on a selected document: PDF viewing with the bundled or default viewer; PDF bursting; flag document state management; notes viewing and editing; keywords, PDF preview, PDF text, and search term snippets (when applicable) are also displayed for viewing.
- Export selected PDF documents with their category, tax year, notes, and flag state from the database for easy importing.