# Subscribe for updates
Subscribe to Notepad Plus Plus updates. Each time this software gets updated, you will receive a push notification.
Notepad Plus Plus (also known as Notepad++) is a free, open source text and source code editor for Microsoft® Windows®. It is currently one of the most popular editor that can serve as an excellent replacement for the native Notepad text editor included in all Microsoft® Windows® versions.
It is based on the well-known Scintilla (a free source code editing component) and written in C++ which helps the editor to be fast, efficient and small. This software is popular among programmers who use it for the excellent support of programming languages but is also used by various people for other purposes such as: great list of plugins, the ability of opening large files fast etc.
Trademark Note 1: Microsoft®, Windows® and other product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- Auto-completion available for word, function completion
- Tabbed interface (open multiple documents)
- Syntax highlighting and folding
- Customizable software interface (GUI)
- Multi-view, zoom in and out, WYSIWYG (printing)
- Support for macro recording and playback
- Multi-language and bookmark support
- Support for regular expression Search and Replace
- FTP support (available as a default plugin)
- Support for over 50 programming languages
- Plugins support