Fort is a free file encryption and password manager for Microsoft Windows OS. You can use it to protect important files using a simple but easy to use interface.
It also offers an easy to use the option to encrypt data in Dropbox, Onedrive and other services.
Note: The free version has a limited set of features. There is a paid version that allows you to use all the program features. You can see the main differences between the free and paid version here.
Available in free version
- AES with 256-bit
- keylogger protection (on-screen keyboard support)
- offline app (no Internet Connection required)
- directory encryption support
- integrated and easy to use a password manager
- encrypt and decrypt fast and easy
Available in professional (paid) version
- 4096-bit key files
- encrypt filenames
- remember the location of your key file
- encrypt more than 15 files
- secure file deletion (shredding - e.g., Gutmann method)
- Windows Explorer integration