# Change Log
Sat Nov 26 2022 - sledgehammer999 firstname.lastname@example.org - v4.5.0
- FEATURE: Add `Auto resize columns` functionality (Chocobo1)
- FEATURE: Allow to use Category paths in `Manual` mode (glassez)
- FEATURE: Allow to disable Automatic mode when default "temp" path changed (glassez)
- FEATURE: Add tuning options related to performance warnings (Chocobo1)
- FEATURE: Add right click menu for status filters (An0n)
- FEATURE: Allow setting the number of maximum active checking torrents (An0n)
- FEATURE: Add option to toggle filters sidebar (AbeniMatteo)
- FEATURE: Allow to set `working set limit` on non-Windows OS (Chocobo1)
- FEATURE: Add `Export .torrent` action (Chocobo1)
- FEATURE: Add keyboard navigation keys (itlezy)
- FEATURE: Allow to use POSIX-compliant disk IO type (Coda)
- FEATURE: Add `Filter files` field in new torrent dialog (thalieht)
- FEATURE: Implement new icon/color theme (now-im, xavier2k6)
- FEATURE: Add file name filter/blacklist (mxtsdev, thalieht)
- FEATURE: Add support for custom SMTP ports (Emil M George)
- FEATURE: Split the OS cache settings into Disk IO read/write modes (summer)
- FEATURE: When duplicate torrent is added set metadata to existing one (glassez)
- FEATURE: Greatly improve startup time with many torrents (glassez, jagannatharjun)
- FEATURE: Add keyboard shortcut to Download URL dialog (Chocobo1)
- FEATURE: Add ability to run external program on torrent added (glassez)
- FEATURE: Add infohash and download path columns (tristanleboss)
- FEATURE: Allow to set torrent stop condition (glassez, thalieht)
- FEATURE: Add a `Moving` status filter (tristanleboss)
- FEATURE: Change color palettes for both dark, light themes (Chocobo1)
- FEATURE: Add a `Use proxy for hostname lookup` option (Nathan Lewis)
- FEATURE: Introduce a `change listen port` cmd option (BallsOfSpaghetti)
- FEATURE: Implement `Peer ID Client` column for `Peers` tab (Hanabishi)
- FEATURE: Add port forwarding option for embedded tracker (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Store hybrid torrents using `torrent ID` as basename (glassez)
- BUGFIX: Enable Combobox editor for the `Mixed` file download priority (Aleksandr Cupacenko)
- BUGFIX: Allow shortcut folders for the Open and Save directory dialogs (Aleksandr Cupacenko)
- BUGFIX: Rename content tab `Size` column to `Total Size` (Aleksandr Cupacenko)
- BUGFIX: Fix scrolling to the lowermost visible torrent (Aleksandr Cupacenko)
- BUGFIX: Allow changing file priorities for finished torrents (An0n)
- BUGFIX: Focus save path when Manual mode is selected initially (Aleksandr Cupacenko)
- BUGFIX: Disable force reannounce when it is not possible (An0n)
- BUGFIX: Add horizontal scrolling for tracker list and torrent content (NotTsunami)
- BUGFIX: Enlarge "speed limits" icons (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Change Downloaded to Times Downloaded in trackers tab (An0n)
- BUGFIX: Remove artificial max limits from `Torrent Queueing` related options (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Preserve `skip hash check` when there is no metadata (glassez)
- BUGFIX: Fix DHT/PeX/LSD status when it is globally disabled (Kacper Michajłow)
- BUGFIX: Fix rate calculation when interval is too low (glassez)
- BUGFIX: Add tooltip message when system tray icon isn't available (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Improve sender field in mail notifications (Dmitry Vodopyanov)
- BUGFIX: Fix "Add torrent dialog" spill-over on smaller screens (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Fix peer count issue when tracker responds with zero figure (summer)
- BUGFIX: Don't merge trackers by default (glassez)
- BUGFIX: Don't inhibit system sleep/auto shutdown for torrents stuck at downloading metadata (summer)
- BUGFIX: Allow to pause a checking torrent from context menu (summer)
- BUGFIX: Allow to use subnet notation in reverse proxy list (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Fine tune translations loading for Chinese locales (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Fix torrent content checkboxes not updated properly (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Correctly load state of `Use another path for incomplete torrents` in Watched folders (glassez)
- BUGFIX: Add confirmation to resume/pause all (BallsOfSpaghetti)
- BUGFIX: Fix wrong count of errored trackers (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Allow blank lines in multipart form-data input (Aleksandr Cupacenko)
- WEBUI: Make various dialogs resizable (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Fix wrong v2 hash string displayed (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: WebAPI: return correct status (Requi)
- WEBUI: Fix empty selection in language combobox (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Store WebUI port setting in human readable number (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Add support for exporting .torrent (Tom Piccirello)
- WEBUI: WebAPI: Add endpoint to set speed limit mode (glassez)
- WEBUI: Improve progress bar rendering (Mike Lei)
- WEBUI: Add transfer list refresh interval settings (summer)
- WEBUI: Use natural sort (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Apply i18n translation only to built-in WebUI (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Alert when HTTPS settings are incomplete (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Handle drag and drop events (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Fix wrong behavior for shutdown action (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Don't disable combobox for file priority (Chocobo1)
- RSS: Increase limit of maximum number of articles per feed (summer)
- WINDOWS: Fix `Open destination folder` delay on Windows (Andrew)
- WINDOWS: NSIS: Update Russian, Estonian, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese BR, German and Indonesian translations (Andrei Stepanov, Priit Uring, maboroshin, Thomas De Rocker, Ícaro, schnurlos, Faisal A. F. Rahman)
- LINUX: Mark as single window app in .desktop file (Nicolas Fella)
- LINUX: Add Dockerfile (Amanuense-del-diavolo, Tom Piccirello, Chocobo1)
- LINUX: Remove option of using icons from system theme (now-im)
- MACOS: Fix wrong background color in properties widget (NotTsunami)
- OTHER: Binary distributions of qbittorrent are GPLv3+ licensed (sledgehammer999)
Download qBittorrent a free, open source application based on Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar that runs on all major OS such as Windows®, Linux, Mac® OS X®, OS/2 or FreeBSD (including support for over 25 languages).
The primary purpose of this Bittorrent client is to offer an alternative to other similar torrent managers. The main features are:
- similar user interfaces with µTorrent (for a smooth transition).
- integrated and customizable search: on most famous BitTorrent search sites.
- support for all BitTorrent extensions: Magnet/BitComet, Peer Exchange, DHT, etc.
- advanced control for trackers, peers, and torrents (torrent queueing and prioritizing).
- support for UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding.
- bandwidth scheduler and sequential download.
- IP Filtering (compatible with eMule and PeerGuardian) and IPv6 compliant.
- detailed torrent info: size, status, seeds, peers, download and upload speed, ratio, etc.
Important: Please be aware that while qBittorrent is a free, open source, clean torrent manager software YOU are responsible for the data you choose to download. Do not distribute or redistribute any illegal content. A good example of a legit torrent can be found on the official GIMP homepage - the download section OR Ubuntu download section. There are many other legit usage examples of how qBittorrent can be used.
Trademark Note 1: Microsoft®, Windows® and other product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Trademark Note 2: Mac and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Note regarding the installation: There's nothing hidden in this app, no bundles, no unwanted ads or anything like that. It's 100% clean, so the setup process should be easy enough and without any unwanted advertising. Just remember that although the application itself is clean, you are responsible for the data that you will upload or download through a torrent.
The first interaction: If you're a fan of the old uTorrent (like me) I am sure that you will appreciate the simple interface. You have access to everything you need to customize this client from "Option" area. The transfers from all torrents will appear on a left column close to the "Search" feature. You can even lock down qBittorrent with a password if you want to keep your activity private.
Performance: I (and a few friends of mine) was able to reach the maximum speed provided by my ISP on Windows® 8.1 and 10 (100 Mbps). Apparently, such high-speed transfers are achievable from close locations but what I am trying to say is this: there's no limitation coming from this software.
If there's any restriction, it will come (in most cases) from your ISP or hard drive (e.g. if your Internet connection has 1 Gbps you should know that you can't reach this speed with an HDD and you will need a solid-state drive - SSD).
Conclusion: You don't need a manual to learn how to use this client. If you used any other similar client before (uTorrent is the best example) you will need just a few minutes to get comfortable with this program. After a few days, you will feel that you have found the perfect Bittorrent client. The whole FossHub team use and highly recommend qBittorrent (just like all the other apps). If you also find this software useful, please donate folks! The author(s) will appreciate each and every donation!