# Change Log
Sun Oct 18 2020 - sledgehammer999 firstname.lastname@example.org - v4.3.0
- FEATURE: Many UI elements colors are themeable now (jagannatharjun)
- FEATURE: Allow changing GUI icons from theme bundles (jagannatharjun)
- FEATURE: Notify user when torrent moving finished (glassez)
- FEATURE: Shortcut CTRL + I opens Statistics window (LoopsGod
- FEATURE: Add RSS functionality in Web UI (Sepro)
- FEATURE: Drop ".unwanted folder" feature (glassez)
- FEATURE: Expose libtorrent peer_turnover, max_concurrent_http_announces, no_connect_privileged_ports settings (Sophist, an0n666, NotTsunami)
- BUGFIX: Fix typo in Options dialog (Andrei Stepanov)
- BUGFIX: Remove "requires restart" from network interface settings (an0n666)
- BUGFIX: Rename "Create subfolder" to "Keep top-level folder" (thalieht)
- BUGFIX: Show tooltip for some properties in transfer list (Nick Korotysh)
- BUGFIX: Fix calculation of torrent current state (glassez)
- BUGFIX: Improve detecting completed files when adding, rechecking or moving a torrent (glassez)
- BUGFIX: Fixed broken announce logic in embedded tracker causing failures in some cases (FranciscoPombal)
- BUGFIX: Disable checkbox if torrent doesn't have root folder (thalieht)
- BUGFIX: Update country flag icons with upstream (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Private torrent: If tracker entry is edited clear old peer list. Also don't allow user to manually add peers. (an0n666)
- BUGFIX: Fix large strings not visible in log widget (jagannatharjun)
- BUGFIX: Disable edit action in Peer list widget (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Add a scroll area to torrent creator dialog (Ernesto Castellotti)
- BUGFIX: Content tab: Open double-clicked folder regardless on which column the click happens (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: "Open containing folder" on a folder now opens it in its parent folder (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Fix GeoDB download in systems with non-C locales (FranciscoPombal)
- BUGFIX: Fix peer blocked message (FranciscoPombal)
- BUGFIX: Make more robust the banning of selected peers from the list (NotTsunami)
- BUGFIX: Use toned green color for downloading pieces in Pieces bar (jagannatharjun)
- BUGFIX: Correctly fill whole width of speed graph (jagannatharjun)
- BUGFIX: Fix impossible speed in speed graph (jagannatharjun)
- WEBUI: Hide additional search filters on small screens (Thomas Piccirello)
- WEBUI: Shrink search bar on small screens (Thomas Piccirello)
- WEBUI: Fix search categories only working in English (Thomas Piccirello)
- WEBUI: Add Trackers section to sidebar (Thomas Piccirello)
- WEBUI: Fix Enter button behavior in textarea (Tom Piccirello)
- WEBUI: Fix wrong file renaming selection range (MR)
- WEBUI: Preselect "Default save path" in watched folders (thalieht)
- WEBUI: Fix banning peers (brvphoenix)
- WEBUI: Fix seeding time checkbox placement (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Bump Web API version (Thomas Piccirello)
- RSS: Fix renaming RSS autodownload rule (glassez)
- RSS: Fix RSS article is not marked as "read" when torrent is downloaded (glassez)
- SEARCH: Update minimum Python version to 3.5.0 (ngosang)
- SEARCH: Make middle-click close search tabs (Will Da Silva)
- WINDOWS: NSIS: Update Dutch translation (Thomas De Rocker)
- WINDOWS: NSIS: Change the installers uninstallation question to clear confusion (an0n666)
- LINUX: Fix typo in systemd service file (Shane Allgeier)
- LINUX: Don't use HTML in tray tooltip (thalieht)
- LINUX: Don't create 'data' subdirectory in XDG_DATA_HOME (lbilli)
- LINUX/MACOS: Add HTTPS tracker certificate validation option (NotTsunami)
- OTHER: Many CMake improvements (FranciscoPombal)
- OTHER: Support for libtorrent 1.1.x is dropped (Chocobo1)
- OTHER: Many code cleanups and improvements (FranciscoPombal, Chocobo1, glassez)
qBittorrent is a free, open source application based on Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar that runs on all major OS such as Windows®, Linux, Mac® OS X®, OS/2 or FreeBSD (including support for over 25 languages).
The primary purpose of this Bittorrent client is to offer an alternative to other similar torrent managers. The main features are:
- similar user interfaces with µTorrent (for a smooth transition).
- integrated and customizable search: on most famous BitTorrent search sites.
- support for all BitTorrent extensions: Magnet/BitComet, Peer Exchange, DHT, etc.
- advanced control for trackers, peers, and torrents (torrent queueing and prioritizing).
- support for UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding.
- bandwidth scheduler and sequential download.
- IP Filtering (compatible with eMule and PeerGuardian) and IPv6 compliant.
- detailed torrent info: size, status, seeds, peers, download and upload speed, ratio, etc.
Important: Please be aware that while qBittorrent is a free, open source, clean torrent manager software YOU are responsible for the data you choose to download. Do not distribute or redistribute any illegal content. A good example of a legit torrent can be found on the official GIMP homepage - the download section OR Ubuntu download section. There are many other legit usage examples of how qBittorrent can be used.
Trademark Note 1: Microsoft®, Windows® and other product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Trademark Note 2: Mac and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Note regarding the installation: There's nothing hidden in this app, no bundles, no unwanted ads or anything like that. It's 100% clean, so the setup process should be easy enough and without any unwanted advertising. Just remember that although the application itself is clean, you are responsible for the data that you will upload or download through a torrent.
The first interaction: If you're a fan of the old uTorrent (like me) I am sure that you will appreciate the simple interface. You have access to everything you need to customize this client from "Option" area. The transfers from all torrents will appear on a left column close to the "Search" feature (which requires Python 2.x if you want to use it). You can even lock down qBittorrent with a password if you want to keep your activity private.
Performance: I (and a few friends of mine) was able to reach the maximum speed provided by my ISP on Windows® 8.1 and 10 (100 Mbps). Apparently, such high-speed transfers are achievable from close locations but what I am trying to say is this: there's no limitation coming from this software.
If there's any restriction, it will come (in most cases) from your ISP or hard drive (e.g. if your Internet connection has 1 Gbps you should know that you can't reach this speed with an HDD and you will need a solid-state drive - SSD).
Conclusion: You don't need a manual to learn how to use this client. If you used any other similar client before (uTorrent is the best example) you will need just a few minutes to get comfortable with this program. After a few days, you will feel that you have found the perfect Bittorrent client. The whole FossHub team use and highly recommend qBittorrent (just like all the other apps). If you also find this software useful, please donate folks! The author(s) will appreciate each and every donation!