Halite is a free BitTorrent client based on the well-known libtorrent library, the same that powers other popular BitTorrent apps.
Being developed in C++ the program also relies on Boost libraries (famous portable C++ source libraries). It is one of the few BitTorrent clients with a low memory footprint, delivers a clean interface and has no adware. Some old reviews claims that it doesn't have many advanced options but we think it comes with all the features you need (see below) from such a program.
Note: Starting with version 0.4.0.1, Halite is no longer running on Windows XP.
Trademark Note 1: Microsoft®, Windows® and other product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- lightweight and small memory footprint
- managed torrent queue
- support for Magnet URI and disk cache
- super-seeding and Webseeds included
- support for protocol encryption
- Full Unicode support
- minimize to tray option showing transfer rate
- support for "Log-In" if the tracker requires this
- create torrent files and edit trackers
- support for forwarding and port randomisation
- shutdown scheduler