Deluge is a free, open source BitTorrent client for Windows®, Linux and Mac OS X®. It uses libtorrent (complete C++ bittorrent implementation designed for efficiency and scalability), uses multiple-user interfaces (such as GTK+, web and console) and was designed using the client server model that runs a daemon who is able to manage all bittorrent activity.
You can manage the application remotely and thanks to its rich plugin collection it is one of the most popular cross-platform BitTorrent clients. According to Deluge Team, their intention was to offer a lightweight and unobtrusive BitTorrent client. FossHub lists only the Microsoft® Windows®, Mac® OS X® versions but you can download the Linux versions (for Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Arch, Gentoo) and FreeBSD from (the official) Deluge Download page.
Trademark Note 1: Microsoft®, Windows® and other product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Trademark Note 2: Mac and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Deluge runs as a daemon thanks to its separated core from the interface
- the ability to connect remotely to the daemon from any platform
- multiple UI available: GTK+, Web and Console
- built-in BitTorrent Protocol Encryption
- Mainline DHT and Local Peer Discovery
- FAST protocol extension
- support for µTorrent Peer Exchange
- UPnP and NAT-PMP
- support for proxy and private torrents
- support for per-torrent, global speed limits and configurable bandwidth scheduler
- password protection
- CPU and memory efficient thanks to libtorrent features