# Change Log
Fixed to no longer display image error message when navigating faster than the preloader and instead shows stretched thumbnail preview
Fixed incorrect centering in Fullscreen Gallery view when the window is resizeable
Fixed a crash that could occur when changing folder
Displays error message when reading broken images instead of crashing
Fixed the close button not working in fullscreen
Fixed the tool windows dimensions rendered incorrectly, if starting them up when application is loading
Fixed the application crashing when opening the Image Info window in fullscreen
Fixed incorrect sizing issue when starting with folder as argument
Updated design of the Effects Window
PicView is a free, open-source picture viewer for Microsoft Windows OS. This image viewer has a clean user interface (by default, it will show a black UI, but you can change it to white - it does look good on both colors), well structured, providing you access to a good range of features.
You can get fast access to image info, effects, and much more (most of its features are listed below in the "Features" section). Some alternatives provide a bloated UI, which makes you feel lost when it comes to so many features, that's not the case here, as its interface is pretty neat. If you're looking for an image manager, this one is exciting as it has all the necessary options that you might need when it comes to such an app.
Note: PicView requires you to install the .NET framework. The installer package will attempt to download and install it automatically. Otherwise, you have the option to download the portable version separately (without the .NET framework) or the fully portable version (with .NET self-contained).
- view pictures inside archives such as ZIP, RAR, 7z, 7Zip, Iso, Cab, Wim, Tar, BZip2, RAR(requires 7-Zip or WinRAR to be installed)
- view pictures inside comic book archives such as cbr, cb7, cbt, cbz, cba
- resizes dynamically to fit the image resolution
- customizable interface (choose between dark or white theme, etc.)
- shows the file name, resolution, and the size of the picture in the title bar
- easily browse through the image folder using the intuitive arrow keys
- rotate and flip the image
- option to show the full screen or contained gallery
- right-click menu option that you can use to open/save in a different graphic editor
- file history so you can easily pick up the work from where you left off
- 26 different shader effects (image filters), including negative colors, old movie effects, pencil sketch, etc.
- support for most popular graphic file formats: jpg, jpeg, jpe, png, bmp, tif, tiff, gif, ico, jfif, webp, psd, psb, xcf, svg, heic, tga, ddsb, 3fr, arw, cr2, crw, dcr, dng, erf, kdc, mdc, mef, mos, mrw, nef, nrw, f, pef, raf, raw, rw2, srf, x3f, pgm, hdr, cut, exr, dib, emf, wmf, wpg, pcx, xbm, xpm, wbmp