OPENTHOS is a free, open source OS project based on Android-x86. It has a long list of features, just like other similar operating systems based on Android-x86 except OPENTHOS is Open Source.
The source code is available on GitHub, and the official homepage can be found here. Currently, the official site seems to be written in the Chinese Language, but according to the project team, you can choose the English Language when attempting to install the OS. There is some basic, limited info in English on its Wiki section available here.
Trademark Note 1: Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Please note that this page or OS is not affiliated with Google Inc. or other products owned or registered as a trademark of Google Inc such Android™.
- free, open source OS based on Android-x86
- enhanced security based on Chinese standards and algorithms
- real multi-window manager, task manager, file explorer and more
- improved PC performance
- 60FPS drawing frame rate, low latency
- highly optimized applications
- full disk encryption and biometrics included
- fine-grained permission control and application isolation: privilege masquerading
- lightweight native GUI
- UEFI Boot Manager with support for Windows, Linux and OS X
- Integrated cloud services for real-time, multi-version cloud synchronization backups of data catalogs
- Synchronize with other PC (Windows Linux Mac) to access on mobile devices and browsers
- End-to-end encryption, protection of data privacy * (User data service is not available)
- works with other devices: wear, phones and other smart devices based on Android™
- designed to address the core issues of desktop operating systems