LAV Filters is an Open Source set DirectShow filters that allows you to play all popular video and audio formats without having to install any other codec pack or additional codec or filter. LAV Filters are based on FFmpeg multimedia libraries (which is a multi-platform solution to convert, stream and record audio and video content). As a set of DirectShow filters it contains LAV Splitter (used as a source filter/splitter to demux files in separated elementary streams) and LAV Audio and Video Decoder (an audio and video decoder focused on quality and high performance). The current version is available as a setup file and also as a ZIP archive for both 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows versions.
Important: Please note that you don't need to install any other codec pack to play video or audio files on your computer if you install LAV Filters. Most popular codec packs (e.g. K-Lite Codec Pack) will install LAV Filters by default. Also, several, popular multimedia players such as MPC-HC (Media Player Classic - Home Edition) comes with LAV Filters installed and if you use such a player, there is no need to install LAV Filters (or any other codec pack). You can install LAV Filters if your current multimedia player requires/depends on a codeck pack or additional filters to play audio and video formats.
- play any file format (audio and video) using a DirectShow compliant player
- compatible with almost all multimedia packages (thanks to FFmpeg and integrated libraries that comes with)
- support for Blu-Ray discs and other containers
- powerful decoders for most popular file formats (Matroska, MP4, AVI, AC3, AAC, TrueHD, FLV, MOV etc.)
- support for deinterlacing, multi-threading, customizable hardware acceleration
- support for automatic multimedia (video and audio) synchronization
- support for AES encrypted HLS streams and advanced subtitle selection
- support for rtspu, rtspm, rtspt and rtsph URLs (for RTSP transport protocol)
There are currently no similar software!