- GIMP Download
- GIMP Windows Installer
- 0 / 0
- 252.6 MB
- GIMP Download
- GIMP macOS DMG
- 0 / 14
- 129.5 MB
GIMP (also known as GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a free, open source, cross-platform software that can perform all kind of graphic operations such as photo retouching, image composition or image authoring.
It is probably the most popular and also the most complete graphic application offered by the Open Source movement. It is also the best alternative to other well-known, shareware (paid), complex graphic editing software such as Adobe® Photoshop®, Corel Paint Shop Pro® and others. GIMP was released for the first time in 1996 and therefore its probably one of the oldest graphic editors which means that if you never used a similar tool before, a learning curve is required to achieve good results. Fortunately, due to its popularity, there are thousands of great places that will help you to learn almost anything: websites, tutorials and even free books were written to help users. The current version is released under GNU license, it works on multiple OS such as Microsoft® Windows®, Linux, Mac® OS X®, FreeBSD, Solaris and it is also available in all major languages.
Trademark Note 1: Microsoft®, Windows® and other product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Trademark Note 2: Adobe® and Photoshop® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
- highly customizable interface: change view and behaviour to suit your needs
- advanced photo retouching capabilities: delete, clone, touch up details etc.
- transform tools: crop, rotate, scale, move, aling, shear, flip, perspective
- over 150 effects and filters such as Noise, Blur, Drop Shadow and Motion Blur
- support for automation using scripting languages such as Python, Perl or Tcl
- enhance your photos: fix perspective distortion, eliminate vignetting and lens' barrel distortion
- support for many USB and MIDI controllers
- support for common file formats: JPEG, PNG, GIF, PSD, TIFF and others