- 0 / 15
- 3.9 MB
- 0 / 15
- 6 MB
# Change Log
.cue files can now be played by opening via the playlist context menu or using a file association.
There is now a 64 bit build. There is no reason to use it other than for playing large files (500MB) from memory. It is available at https://github.com/aidan-g/FoxTunes/releases
Placeholders are shown in more places while images are loading.
Max image size can now be configured (default 4MB).
Fix meta data editor sometimes writes files without changes.
Fix CD ripping regressions.
Fix DSD is decoded as short instead of float in converter.
Fix playback can fail when track does not fit in ram.
WASAPI/ASIO volume is more reliable.
WASAPI default device initializes properly.
FoxTunes is a free, open source modular music player built on the BASS framework - a powerful audio library.
Note: FoxTunes is offered as a ZIP archive. To run the program, unzip the downloaded file in a folder and click on the "FoxTunes Launcher" icon. If you want to use the music player on Windows XP a compatible .NET 4.0 build is available, can be configured minimally. The requirements are;
KB2468871 - Portable class libraries patch
msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010
- SQLite - Use SQLite for database functions.
- TagLib - Use TagLib for metadata functions.
- DirectSound - Use standard windows audio session for output.
- Logging - Use Log4Net logging back-end. Can be configured and disabled.
- Config - Use a binary config file.
Various optional plugins are available;
- Windows - Global key bindings (Multimedia keys), system tray icon.
- SqlServer - Use Microsoft SQL Server for database functions.
- SimpleMetaData - A metadata provider using the file path and regular expressions. Recommended for older systems.
- ASIO - Low latency exclusive output, supports DSD directly.
- WASAPI - Windows Audio Session API output.
- DSD - Required for DSD direct.
- DTS - Play .dts multichannel format.
- CD - Play audio CDs from a physical drive.
- Resampler - SOXR based high-quality configurable resampler. Can perform up/downsampling.