- 0 / 15
- 3.9 MB
- 0 / 15
- 5.8 MB
# Change Log
Adds playlist grouping.
Fixes many issues with Microsoft Store release (included in 2.1.2 but there was no github release)
Adds "refresh devices" command to each output device settings page.
Fixes some crashes when meta data extraction is disabled.
Creating playlists is now faster due to sequencing (sorting) items are they're inserted instead of after.
Improved indexing for the SQLite back-end should make everything faster.
Asynchronous loading and synchronization for library and playlist views makes UI more responsive.
Adds meta data caching.
Library tile images and cursor adorers now respect current filter settings.
Image caching performance was improved.
Fix crashes when using UNC paths.
Adds option to prefer embedded or filesystem images.
Fix unresponsive UI due to missing hash code implementations.
Prevent windows from being opened off screen when display settings are changed.
FoxTunes is a free, open source modular music player built on the BASS framework - a powerful audio library.
Note: FoxTunes is offered as a ZIP archive. To run the program, unzip the downloaded file in a folder and click on the "FoxTunes Launcher" icon. If you want to use the music player on Windows XP a compatible .NET 4.0 build is available, can be configured minimally. The requirements are;
KB2468871 - Portable class libraries patch
msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010
- SQLite - Use SQLite for database functions.
- TagLib - Use TagLib for metadata functions.
- DirectSound - Use standard windows audio session for output.
- Logging - Use Log4Net logging back-end. Can be configured and disabled.
- Config - Use a binary config file.
Various optional plugins are available;
- Windows - Global key bindings (Multimedia keys), system tray icon.
- SqlServer - Use Microsoft SQL Server for database functions.
- SimpleMetaData - A metadata provider using the file path and regular expressions. Recommended for older systems.
- ASIO - Low latency exclusive output, supports DSD directly.
- WASAPI - Windows Audio Session API output.
- DSD - Required for DSD direct.
- DTS - Play .dts multichannel format.
- CD - Play audio CDs from a physical drive.
- Resampler - SOXR based high-quality configurable resampler. Can perform up/downsampling.