- 0 / 15
- 3.8 MB
- 0 / 15
- 5.4 MB
# Change Log
Library views and meta data editor are now hidden when meta data extraction is disabled.
1) Fix potential NullReferenceException in PopulatorBase (NET40).
2) Makes background task ETA a little more accurate although it still sucks.
3) Improves organisation of release package: bass, taglib and js now follow plugin conversions.
4) Replaces log4net with a simple file logger implementation, log4net has a long standing NET40 issue that won't be fixed.
5) Makes the logger plugin optional, it isn't included in the minimal package.
6) Improves settings filtering.
7) Makes the COPY_IMAGES (meta data) setting true by default.
8) Always sequence playlist items. If meta data extraction was disabled the playlist wasn't navigating correctly.
9) Allow mouse cursor adorners to be disabled via settings/ui/advanced.
FoxTunes is a free, open source modular music player built on the BASS framework - a powerful audio library.
Note: FoxTunes is offered as a ZIP archive. To run the program, unzip the downloaded file in a folder and click on the "FoxTunes Launcher" icon. If you want to use the music player on Windows XP a compatible .NET 4.0 build is available, can be configured minimally. The requirements are;
KB2468871 - Portable class libraries patch
msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010
- SQLite - Use SQLite for database functions.
- TagLib - Use TagLib for metadata functions.
- DirectSound - Use standard windows audio session for output.
- Logging - Use Log4Net logging back-end. Can be configured and disabled.
- Config - Use a binary config file.
Various optional plugins are available;
- Windows - Global key bindings (Multimedia keys), system tray icon.
- SqlServer - Use Microsoft SQL Server for database functions.
- SimpleMetaData - A metadata provider using the file path and regular expressions. Recommended for older systems.
- ASIO - Low latency exclusive output, supports DSD directly.
- WASAPI - Windows Audio Session API output.
- DSD - Required for DSD direct.
- DTS - Play .dts multichannel format.
- CD - Play audio CDs from a physical drive.
- Resampler - SOXR based high-quality configurable resampler. Can perform up/downsampling.