# Change Log
Updated version with LED meters
DarkAudacity is a free, open source development branch of the popular Audacity®. Please keep in mind that this is not a project fork. DarkAudacity is powered by the same code used in Audacity®, but the main author wants to provide a different version of Audacity® based on the feedback received from users and a personal view. The most important changes are a new color scheme, a shorter, cleaner and re-arranged menu, removal of numbers (to avoid visual clutter), etc. Currently, there will be only a Windows® version of DarkAudacity.
Important: The first version of DarkAudacity is expected to be released at the end of August 2016. Until then, this page will list two files which are a bonus content that can be used with Audacity® 2.1.2 (ZIP file with instructions) and a PDF supplement to the existing manual.
Note: The features are the same with those from Audacity®, we list only the differences between them. For a complete, updated list of changes, visit the "What's Different" section on the official site. If you're looking for even more info, take a look at "But Why" section too.
Trademark Note 1: Microsoft®, Windows® and other product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- a new color scheme using orange and shades of black inspired from Lucas Di Benedetto design.
- a simple menu focused on most used features while the all the others are moved into lower sub menus.
- Google's "material design" icon set implemented in the new user interface.
- "Export" options moved to "Save Other" menu item to simply the process for users who want to save audio as MP3 or WAV
- removal of visual clutter: numbers and other (redundant) information removed
- "Sync-Lock" renamed to "Time-Lock" and can be now turned on or off with a click in the panel to the left of the track.
- shift-record now records a new mix track
- a few bugs fixed.
- easier zooming in and out on the wave, and easier looping.
- new interface ideas