# Change Log
* FFmpeg 4.2.2
* x265 3.2+34
MediaCoder is a free, universal media transcoding program that assembles popular media codecs and tools.
All of these multimedia audio and video technology are available in a simple user interface that allows you to manipulate your multimedia files in a dozen ways. The most significant advantage is that MediaCoder has been developed for over 15 years, and new features and latest codec updates are regularly added or updated. It is indeed a swiss army knife when it comes down to media transcoding.
Note: FossHub offers the free editions of MediaCoder. There is also a premium version. Also, there are multiple editions such as the Handsets Edition (for mobile phones), Web Video Edition (for high-quality web production), PSP Edition (for Sony PSP), iPhone/iPod/iPad Edition (for all series of Apple products), you can find all of them listed on the Edition page here.
- as a swiss knife tool, you can convert between most popular multimedia (audio and video) formats.
- accelerated encoding for H.264/H.265 GPU (CUDA, QuickSync, NVENC).
- ripping and capturing CD/DVD/BD/VCD from video cameras
- enhance your multimedia files (audio and video) content by using various filters
- adjusting and tuning optimization through a rich set of transcoding parameters
- multi-thread design and parallel filtering allowing to make use of the multi-cores
- improved parallelization that uses the Segmental Video Encoding technology
- improve compression and reduce the size of multimedia files
- convert media content for playback for multiple purposes (multimedia devices, online publication, broadcasting)
- unify and normalize media standard and storage format
- extract audio track from video and discs
- encode and dump from a capture device or a network stream
- fix partial downloaded or corrupted video files
- lossy audio compression formats support (MP3, AC-3, Windows Media Audio, Vorbis, LC-AAC, HE-AAC, Opus, MusePack, etc.)
- lossless audio compression formats support (WavPack, FLAC, PCM, ALAC, TTA, OptimFrom, Monkey's Audio)
- video compression support (Windows Media Video, XviD, DivX, H.263, H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP8/VP9, MPEG 1/2/4, etc.)
- container formats support (OGM, AVI, MP4, WebM, Matroska, FLV, F4V, MOV, QuickTime, PMP, Realmedia, MPEG-PS, MPEG-TS, etc.)
- storage media and streaming input (DVD, CD, BluRay, CUESheet, SVCD, VCD, HTTP, UDP, FTP, RTSP).