XnView is a free multimedia viewer, organizer, browser and converter for Microsoft Windows (works on both 32 and 64 bit versions). Although, for many years XnView was developed primarily for Microsoft Windows, there's also a cross-platform version of XnView named XnViewMP (also known as XnView Multi-Platform) that also works on Mac OS X and Linux OS, not just Windows.
Both versions allows you to use it for different tasks: converting, editing, organizing, viewing images and even batch renaming or as a screen capture utility.
FossHub, currently lists only the Microsoft Windows versions; if you need advanced capabilities for batch and image processing or look to use this app on a mobile device, please visit the official homepage of XnView. Also, please note that currently, XnView products are released as freeware for non-profit, educational and private use. If you wish to use it for commercial purposes, you will have to purchase a license.
- support for more than 500 image formats (a huge list with them can be found here)
- compare images, FX slideshow, thumbnail, filmstrip and fullscreen view
- adjust brightness, contrast, perform lossless rotate and crop, resize, adjust colors depth and palette
- support for filters and effects, auto level and auto contrast
- export available for over 70 popular formats
- create slideshows, contact sheets, web pages, video thumbnails gallery, strip of images etc.
- support for JPEG lossless transformation, metadata and editing (IPTC)
- duplicate file finder, batch processing and rename, print module
- cross-platform support for all 32 and 64 bit versions of Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS X