# Change Log
### Client Requirements
* Windows (64 bit) with .NET Framework 4.8 installed.
* OCR text extraction requires Windows 10.
* Any additional requirements will be referenced in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
### Database Compatibility
* SQLite (included as a local, single user database option)
#### Client-Server Relational Database Management Systems
* Oracle Database 19c (validated with version 19.3)
* Oracle Database 18c Express Edition
* Oracle Database 11g Express Edition (deprecated)
Setup instructions are available in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
### Upgrade Information
* When upgrading from PDFKeeper 6.1.1 or earlier, the database schema will require an upgrade. Database Schema Upgrade instructions are available in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
* Starting with version 6.0.0, PDFKeeper is now 64-bit. The latest 32-bit version of PDFKeeper is 5.0.3.
* Starting with PDFKeeper 6.0.0, 64-bit Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) Runtime 19.3 is required when connecting to Oracle Database. Instructions are available in the Help file that can be viewed post-install.
* When upgrading from PDFKeeper 4.x.x, the User name and Data source will need to be entered on the first login.
* Starting with version 4.0.0, PDFKeeper is installed per-user, requiring older, per-machine installs to be uninstalled manually.
* Updated Magick.NET to 8.4.0
* Updated System.Data.SQLite to 126.96.36.199
* Fixed Unhandled IOException “The CMap iText.IO.Font.Cmap.UniJIS-UTF16-H was not found.” during PDF text extraction prior to uploading.
* Fixed issue with "Add PDF Documents dialog" hiding behind Main form after Search Results is automatically refreshed. (rework)
* Unhandled ArithmeticException “Overflow or underflow in the arithmetic operation.” during PDF to TIFF extraction prior to uploading PDF will now be handled; however, no text will be extracted from the TIFF image.
### Additional Information
* Oracle Database 19c (19.3) requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501 to be installed on the computer hosting the database.
### Known Issues
* Text from image-only pages contained in a PDF that contains both image-only and text-only pages will not be extracted.
* Text will not be extracted from inline images contained in a PDF.
PDFKeeper is free, open source software that provides a storage and management solution for PDF documents.
This software requires a relational database for document storage. It can be implemented for single user use with the builtin, local SQLite database or in a client-server environment using a compatible database. Please note, future versions might extend support for other database management systems. You can request this by posting an issue on its GitHub page available here.
Note: PDFKeeper requires Windows (64 bit) with .NET Framework 4.8
- Store and manage PDF documents in a local or compatible, client-server relational database where they’re indexed to provide full-text search functionality.
- Upload PDF documents individually or in bulk. In addition, configured folders can be setup to allow for integration and automation.
- Apply a category and/or tax year to selected document records and when PDF documents are uploaded.
- Set the flag state on a selected document record and when PDF documents are uploaded to mark for follow-up.
- Add notes to a selected document record that can include the date, time, and user account name. All notes can be edited and are indexed by the database.
- Search for document records by Text, Selections (Author/Subject/Category/Tax Year), or Date Added. In addition, the user can list document records that are flagged or all document records in the database.
- With PDFKeeper, the following functions can be performed on a selected document record: PDF document viewing with the bundled or default viewer; flag document state management; notes viewing and editing; keywords, PDF preview, and PDF text are also displayed for viewing.
- Export selected PDF documents with their category, tax year, notes, and flag state from the database for easy importing.